View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: It's getting hot in here

Have you noticed any lights coming on in the dash when this happens? I don't remember for sure which light it is....I think the power light...probably flashes like when you have a tranny trouble code....but when the transmission gets too hot it turns the ac off. That much I know for sure. At 110 degrees that could easily be your problem, especially if the transmission isn't absolutely 100%.

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
So, now that it's approaching 110 here in Phoenix, I need my AC really really bad. Every day I leave work and it starts spittin out cold air about 2 or 3 minutes after I start...not too bad. Then, it keeps spittin out air as I drive at 75mph for about 25 miles. Then I come to the same stop light every day, sit there until it turns green, and then when I start going again the air gets warm. Every day, same stop light. Then it's a warm/cold cycle until I get home, switching about every 2 minutes. I don't think it's just from the compressor switching off because the air stays cold when accelerating from the 2 stop signs about 15 miles earlier. It also stays cold indefinately when the outside temp is not so freakin hot. Figures.

Anyway, I'd like to clean out my bug encrusted radiator to allow everything to cool better...how do I do that? Do I just blast it from behind with a pressure soaker? Would a garden hose be better (Don't wanna damage the fins)? Could it be something else (compressor clutches slipping cuz it's so hot, belt not tight enough when it gets that hot)? Any help is appreciated.

-Mat