View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 04:13 AM

Registered SVX
The Family

As far as I am aware I am the oldest member here. The site attracts me because the majority are such NICE people and the influence of the majority comes through loud and clear.

Those who step out of line get jumped on with vigour but also with tact and the results are very effective. There is in the main solid basic sophistication here at all age levels as a result of all members being in tune with a sophisticated piece of machinery. The site is NOT an accident, SVX is the formula.

For sure there is great variety but that adds to the flavour and to date most offerings have remained on average in good taste. As I see it the greater part of the OT stuff is always of interest and often adds a very real and important personal element without which the site could be rather sterile. Some members have opened their hearts to us when in trouble and it is this sort of attitude which makes the group a family as it has been correctly called. Is there another site worthy of such a title ?

To my way of thinking members police themselves in a quite remarkable manner as is illustrated by this very thread and this will continue while the worthy remain vigilant. As long as this continues formal measures in this regard will seldom be required.

A few cents worth from the old fart. *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!