View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 11:45 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Direct bolt-on calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal1200r View Post
I'd be happy with 4-pots, since I just got some 17s, lol...

But on this car, 6-pots are probably overkill in stock trim. I have a 2004 Saturn VUE with the Honda 3.5 24V V6 with a 5-speed auto, and that vehicle is MUCH more responsive to drive than my SVX. I think the Honda 3.5 is rated at 250hp, so it has more hp than the SVX, but the VUE just gets up and goes without too much effort. On the SVX, it has a much more leisurely acceleration pace, unless you mash the gas pedal. That's fine by me, it's not really a sports car, more of a sports tourer, and for that it does a great job!

I used to have a Harley Sportster 1200R, and upgraded from the stock 2-pot calipers to Wilwood 4-pots, and that was plenty of brake for that bike. I would imagine going with a 4-pot / 2-pot setup would achieve pretty much the same results on my SVX, all with fitting under my current 17" wheels.
saturn vue has super short gearing comparatively.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.