View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

So in addition to the previous post results (hopefully coherent) I had a chance to discuss this issue in person with a few people. While repeating the story I seemed to recall more specific information that I wanted to share here. I do not know if this is relevant but I rather post everything I can rather than holding back any tidbit that I may think is important.

The two times the car died while driving, the car had a quarter of a tank of gas or less. As you know the SVX does not have the most accurate fuel gauge, especially when fuel is closer to empty. Another is the car died near immediately after taking a sharp turn.

The reason I mention the fuel level is because of the car dying after turns. Is it possible there is a fuel delivery issue within the fuel tank? Could the pump be unable to properly supply fuel after turns?

I am hesitant to think this is the issue because of the fact the car did not start for hours after the last time it died. That would have been more than enough time for the fuel to level itself in the tank and be usable by the pump.