Thread: Hydra Nemesis
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Hydra Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
No offense intended directly at you, just using your statement as an example...

I personally went far out of my way to get the hydra available for this car because of my own personal desire but mostly because many people made this exact statement. I went through the trouble and finances to become a dealer and go through a training course in Cali so that this would be a direct plug-in for the car. I could have easily and much more cheaply gotten my unit to run in my car and called it a day...

False promises that insinuate a purchase are the reason I closed my shop. The reason you will all now have to find someone else to make your custom parts and do your R&D. Quite frankly, if you do not have the means to purchase something and do not see yourself having it in the near future... Don't say anything.

Tom
I totally understand Tom's frustration, and if I hadn't have bought one and fell in love with how awesome of an ECU it is I wouldn't even be concidering taking over his spot as the dealer. This community has a ton of empty promises and people who claim to be interested but when it comes down to it they bail. It took me almost a year to sell 35 custom made flexfit hats for a car that every member here claims to be infatuated with. I had about 4x more people say that if I got them done and they were good quality that "they'd definitely buy one" I bought 15 extra hats because people made this promise and I still have 4 left...

This is a rough crowd to make a personal investment on. It's an amazing product that Tom went out of his way to offer us. I jumped on that even though I could hardly afford it. I now am one of the lucky few that did. If anyone who REALLY wants one and can make a sacrifice right now to make it, start a list right now, but I'm telling you if you don't pay up when the time comes, I garantee you Tom won't do it. However if enough people can commit right now, you might not be SOL until myself or another member decide to take up where Tom left off. Only problem with waiting on me or someone else is, it'll be a while.... and well it's not even for sure that someone will do it.

Just my .02 but if you're still skeptical... I'm running my Hydra with base maps on an NA motor... it is night and day of a difference for smoothness of power bands and overall functionality of the car. Only mod I can even compare to being as worthwhile as a hydra, is a manual transmission conversion.