Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Suheel

Unhappy Introduction

Hello everyone!
I am a new member, so just a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Suheel Bashir, I live in Athabasca, Alberta - Canada - this is about 1.5 hours north of Edmonton (Go Oilers!) as the SVX flys. I the Medical Lab Director of the local hospital. I have had my '92 black on pearl SVX since May '93 - brand new with almost no klics on it (drove it off the delivery truck myself!)

Needless to say, I love this car. Its 12 years old with 136,000 km on it but heads still turn to stare at it as I go by. Only a Ferrari 355 would get more attention. Its fast, very comfortable, kick-ass OEM stereo, and sticks to the road like rice sticks to sushi. I have been all over Canada and the US touring with this car and have had a ear-to-ear grin the whole time. It used to be my only car but now I also have a '00 Grand Cherokee, so for the past 3 years the SVX has been garaged through the winter. I just got new tires for it (Bridgestone Potenza RE950s - good choice?) and have front and rear brake rotors on order. I haven't had any tranny or bearing troubles (knock wood) like some of you out there. The paint is holding up great - except for on the centre-line wheel caps - I have these on order as well.

I have to say I was quite surprised to find this site. The SVX is a very rare car - I didn't think there would be enough interest. I have some maintenance and general questions to ask but that will have to wait for another time - my pager just went off and that is nothing but trouble. Okay this note wasn't that quick, but I've always been long-winded.

- Suheel

Last edited by Suheel; 04-07-2003 at 07:19 PM.