Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 01:44 AM

Registered SVX
Greetings Arthur from even further down under.

It is nice to welcome someone who provides a real name one can address as well as a full profile. So many appear to want to hide things but not so much among us straight up and down guys down under !

Tackle your restoration in stages, ask specific questions here and also in the technical threads so that they can be tackled one by one and you will get there. There are plenty of kind people posting who will help with practical info based on been there and done that know how.

The noise you describe sounds much like a common power steering system easy fix problem. Make sure when checking that you do not have some turning pressure on the steerig wheel at the time you brake which could be confusing the diagnosis.

I can't see much advantage in moving to neutral during temporary stops, but there is worthwhile advantage in using 3, i.e. direct drive, and not D, which is an overdrive, for stop start under 80 km. motoring about town etc. This way the transmission does not work away all the time with futile hunting up and down between D and 3.

Best of luck, Trevor. *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-11-2003 at 01:59 AM.