View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 04:18 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Maybe the real question...

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix96

Is it that difficult to believe? I can't say anything about the other "kids" you are speaking of, but I have a well-paying job and I was certainly capable of spending the $7500 for the car and related expenses.
Sorry didn't mean to offend, I was just giving ya guys a little grief in good fun. Certainly I may be a little jealous too, as when I was 17 (only 12 or so years ago) I had to work my butt off doing construction labor after school and 10 hrs a day for 2 summers to buy my first $2500 car and be able to drive it. I definitely applaud you guys that are doing similar and learning valuable life lessons and the pride of ownership. Your posts are evidence that you are proud of what you have earned, as well you should be!

Oh, and none of you take offense in the word "kid"... I think Lwin or someone had already used it in this thread and it is simply a good natured teasing term to clarify our younger members. The term is fairly relative as I'm sure the old codgers that post here so much would use it to describe me and anyone else under 40!

Troy
Caught between The Fast and Furious and The Slow and Tired.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...