View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Heh, my original plan was to take a whole 'nother parking light assembly and fit it where the coin holder is, then wire up its harness so that it was connected to the TCU. This plan got foiled because there is pretty much no clearance behind the coin holder; with the bolt in place holding the trim in, the coin holder barely clears!

Make sure that wire is in there nice and secure though... I got around the issue of possibly having it knock out by getting a TCU harness, taking out one of the pins (with wire still attached of course), pushing that pin into A4, and then wiring it up from there. This way there's no chance that the wire will come out of the TCU, and it will always have a clean connection.

I also opted out of a switch... I just can't bring myself to turn it off.

EDIT for SomethingElse: It stays on as long as pin A4 in the TCU is grounded (i.e. his switch is on). It actually changes the entire feel of the car. It isn't just like mashing the pedal all the time. Somewhat hard to explain what it does without just letting you drive one set up that way. The one word I'd use to describe the change is "responsive."