View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Fuel pump not getting power

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM977 View Post
Hello, I'm new here and just bought my svx . Recently, the fuel pump quit powering on. I replaced the fuel pump but still can't hear it run.

I removed the trim from the trunk and checked the wires to the modulator and resistor. All looks good.

All fuses in both fuse boxes look good.

The relay under the steering wheel clicks, but I'm not sure if it's good or bad.

I've tested the wires at the pump and at the relay.

At the pump itself, 6 volts at the yellow and 12 volts at the green next to the black. The rest were dead. All dead with the key off.

At the relay connector, yellow tests hot with the key on, dead with the key off and all the rest are dead with the key off. With the key on, 2 wires (red and green) show negative voltage.

I've also had an issue with duty solenoid c code flashing. I replaced the solenoid, but that issue didn't get fixed either. Seems like some weird electrical stuff going on here.

I'd appreciate any help.
I assume you checked the flow at the fuel filter.
In 12 years of driving this car I don't think I ever HEARD the fuel pump. but then again I may not be listening. What are the symptoms...? I ask because I recently had some starting issues that turned out to be a cam angle sensor that had me checking the fuel pump also.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .