View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Is there an easy way to disable the 92' automatic seat belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbianchi View Post
This board is so awesome, there are ideas here that blow me away, this one rocks!!!.....G
Here's one that'll really cook your noodle. When I bought my car the seat belt motor had been disconnected and the dash warning light was lit. My roommate at the time was a bit of an electrician (he helped me install my stereo, etc) and he rigged up this new "computer" to control my belt. The blocks in the center are all identical Bosche 5pin relays.

Using available leads we were able to replicate the motion of the passenger side perfectly, and once connected the warning light went out. The constant +12V has an inline fuse for safety, and after almost two years in use I haven't had a single problem with this mod.

I've posted this before, but if any of the electrical gurus have a question or comment to add please feel free. I did all this work prior to having my account approved here, so I was flying blind at the time.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.