View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
it is pretty cold out here in CO up in the mountains where i live right now, but im very confident that the transmission is well warmed up by the time i reach the highway. its about a 15 minute drive to the highway, and it still does it 15 minutes later when i reach town (just in 3rd gear and a slower speed, i drive in 3rd unless im on the highway). if it is indeed the torque converter do i have to replace it? or is there something else to fix? if so what? thanks again!

i should also mention the speed sensor gears in my diff are broken, hence my speedo doesnt work. im not sure if that matters but i thought id say it. and im getting no codes whatsoever except those regarding the speedo.
The speed sensor issue could very well be causing the lock up problem, as road speed will be a factor involved in TCU functions. However I do not have details as to which of the speed sensors is critical in this regard. Someone else may chime in.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!