View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
In September of next year my SVX will be elegible for classic tags. This means no more emissions tests, yea! Does anyone know what makes a vehicle elegible for exotic tags and where I find information about the ups and downs of exotic registration. I have been googling forever with no leads.

I don't think PA offers an exotic tag or registration. I know other states do but I don't think we're one of them. You do know that with classic tags you can't go back to regular plus you can't use it for things like going to work when the other car is broken down etc. If you do go with it though, you may have better luck getting an agreed value policy from Haggerty or Classic Insurance, etc... I think that is my hold up with my 95. Oh yeah, you're exempt with emissions anyways, unless you drive it more than 5k a year (which I'd suspect you don't). Funny thing is most inspection places around here charge ya $20+ for the exempt sticker so it is almost worth getting the actual sticker unless you have an issue.