Thread: Altitude mod?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 03:53 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

Not true there buddy. I have a hard time keeping up or beating average vehicles. (eg. dodge dakota, jeep cherokee, pontiac bonneville, riced out civic, saturn 2-door coupe, old dodge caravan, and the list goes on and on.) Yes...I did say old dodge caravan. Rather pathetic, don't you agree?
You can add a quart of toluene to a tank of gas, although this is only a temporary solution. Once you go through the tank, you'll loose the bebefits of increased acceleration.
Ah, yeah, you're right of course. Unlike your car, those vehicles are totally unaffected by the higher altitude.

But seriously...

If the SVX is, for some reason, more susceptible to lower atmospheric pressure, I don't know what that reason is and I don't have an answer for you.

My point was that every car on the road around you has the exact same conditions in which their engines have to run. I suppose you could say that my answer assumed that the conditions affected each vehicle to the same degree, but I really wasn't that specific. It is possible that some cars are better able to deal with higher altitudes with less degredation in power, but I doubt it. I would think that there are more likely causes.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE