Thread: AWD problem
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
Ok, I finally got a chance to pull my transmission at school and hopefully find out why my AWD is not working and to replace my flexplate because I was getting a light knocking that sound comming from flexplate area. I have read SVX flexplates are known to crack, but mine looked fine when I pulled it off. Anything else in that area that could make a knocking noise like torque convertor? I read the TCU codes before I pulled it, but the only code it was getting was #11 Which is solenoid A, but like I sad earlier I checked the resistor and it was bad. So I'm gonna guess that its probably just the bad resistor making car say code 11. A new one is on its way thanks to poweredx2. I got my transmission out of the car in about three hours and pulled off the transfer housing. Everything looks perfect though. I pulled the transfer clutch apart to inspect friction dics and steels and they all looked like new. Everything inside transmission looks very clean with no metal chips, fragments, etc. I did however find out that my transmission mount was completely busted and was not holding at all anymore. I already bought a new one though for when I reinstall transmission. Could solenoids or sensors be bad without throwing codes? We have Mitchell On Demand at school and it told me to check resistance through solenoid C. It said should be between 9 and 15ohms. Mine was 13.5 so within spec. It also said a bad solenoid C would cause excessive braking during cornering. Which I believe experienced the other day unless I'm just being retarded. I turned threw a 90 degree corner at about 35mph and gave it gas while comming out of the corner, but car kinda slowed down then sped up once I was threw the turn.Two shops in my area told my just to replace solenoid C while I'm there in the area, but I'm not thrilled to be replaceing a $100 part if its not bad. I need help. Any advice what else could be wrong? Thanks