View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Michael,... All kinds of thoughts going thru my head right now! :-) I just spent $7k putting in a new fence at my rental property. Could have been better spent on an S/C. :-) More seriously though, the kit looks very promising, but after thinking about it, it would be a bad financial move for me to buy your S/C right now. The wife would have my head! Plus, I'd want to have the afr and timing map optimized for water injection, and I'm not sure you're willing to do that.

I hear ya,

As far as the optimizing for water injection it's not that I'm not willing it's that I don't think there really is such a thing. I'll make whatever the demand is for. Thus far in my revisions of the ignition timing for the svx , this means all of my work on the svx not stage III, I have found the best policy is to be conservative with the timing. It takes more timing retard to stop detonation than you would have to take out not to have it to begin with. I have never added any ignition timing to any of the base maps in any svx software. I found that I can add it to the revision table and the active knock system effectively adds it in where it can. On the other hand when timing needs to be taken out I take it out of the base ignition table. If I take too much out in an area then the active advance seek effectively adds it back in. I haven't done any adjusting of the ignition tables for stage III yet but I'm pretty sure I won't be taking much timing out and what little I may take out the active ignition advance system can put back in. As for the afr I am expecting to run an afr very much like the one in stage 1. Again the whole idea behind this engine management system is it can handle any changes you make to your engine hardware as long as you aren't exceeding or degrading the abilities of the engine management system. Once you have a stage III you can go and do whatever changes you want to the engine that won't exceed 550hp and the engine management will handle it fine.

Last edited by longassname; 04-25-2005 at 06:59 PM.