View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
greg

Me too!

I have had the same cold weather problem:

1.) If the car is left to idle until it the engine is warm there is never a problem.
2.) If I add fuel injector cleaner, octane boost or some other additive, once again, there is no problem, even without letting the engine warm up.
3.) If neither of the above, the engine will run for a short time with no problems. After the hand on the temp. reaches about 3/4 to the regular warm posistion the car starts to shake like it is missing a cylinder or something. If I let off the gas or have to stop the engine always stalls out. It is very hard to re-start. When it finally starts it idles rough until the temp. hand reaches the perfect, and as I've noticed never fluctuating, running temp. there is never more any sign of a problem until the engine gets completely cold again. If the engine is cold but not completely cold there is no problem.

As i continue to use the fuel additives I do not have the problem, so i just add a little more to the already rape that I get at the pumps...

I would love to fix this problem too. I have been following closely to these threads to see if anyone finds a fool proof method to fix this problem...

~G <eyes peeled awaiting fix>