View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 09:32 AM
overdalimit

Angry Sob Still Not Running

Well, I'm still having the Sputtering problem. It has no power at all. Here's the deal. When I start the engine it sputters, it'll idle for 1-2 seconds or so then die. It runs very rich and will not take you trying to give it gas. I replaced the MAF sensor and that didn't work. I bought another MAF and that didn't work. I changed the PCV valve and I even bought an ignitor but none of the things solved the problem . No, I didn't pay alot for the parts and that's why I bought them so, I'm not out of alot of money but the Da&^ car isn't running. When I put the first MAF sensor on last week after about 10 minutes of starting it finally cranked and ran perfect. I reved it up and it sounded great. I drove the car for about 2 miles at which time it sputtered and I accelerated at WOT...Hell, It took off like a bat out of hell...then within the next mile it started sputtering all over again and I barely made it home at approx 3-5 MPH. It wouldn't take any acceleration. After I replaced the MAF sensor that first time I started the car...let it idle for 5 minutes and then it killed! I started it back up and it wouldn't idle. start......1...2...3 die....over and over again. Can someone help.....Unfortunetly, I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and few people have even seen the car less repaired one. Anyone have any clues?

Replaced:
MAF
Ignitor
TPS