View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSVX
I'm getting ready to put my intake manifold back on and I'm using the vacuum schematic on the inside of the hood as a guide. I have everything figured out (I hope) except for one thing. The item that mounts on the bottom of the manifold called the "Vc tank" has 2 hoses connected to it. One goes to the "Induction solenoid valve", also mounted on the manifold, and the other goes to a "Check valve". The other end of the check valve is shown connected to a hose that doesn't go anywhere. Is that just vented to the atmosphere" I can't find anything on the engine where it looks like it should be connected. Am I right on this or am I reading the schematic wrong?

Also, what is the Vc tank? I think I understand everything else except what this system is suppose to do.

Thanks - Jim
I haven't had the manifold off to look Jim, but the lines run from the inlet manifold to the check valve, to the vacuum tank,to the Induction control solenoid, to the Induction actuator. The pipe to the check valve picks up vaccum from somewhere? there will be a pic of the under side of the manifold in somebodys locker, to show where it gets the vaccum from.

The system is to operate the Induction control valve to change the inlet system from Inerta to Resonance. The check valve and tank is to hold enought vaccum to operate the valve, as when the throttle is wide open there would be no vaccum, to operate it.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.