View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 06:47 AM
srmifer

how does this sound for coverage...

i got this of the contract thingie from this warrany wizard thing with is a cover for Platinum Warranty Corp.--

"Engine: All internally lubricated parts inclusive of: pistons, piston rings and pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, timing gear chain and/or belt, rocker arms, shafts and bushings, valves, valve springs, guides and seats, push rods and lifters, oil pump; externally: water pump, mechanical and/or electric fuel pump, oil pan, flywheel, valve covers, engine mounts, intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor shaft, gear, and bushing, engine head(s), engine block, gaskets and seals if damaged as a result of failure of covered engine parts.

Transmission: All internally lubricated parts contained within an automatic transmission and transfer case inclusive of: clutches, bands, pumps, carrier assemblies, internal shafts (main, intermediate, reaction), thrust washers and bearings, governor, valve body, servo and accumulator assemblies, torque converter, transmission mounts and shift linkage, throttle valve cable, case if damaged as a result of failure of covered automatic transmission parts."

I just want to know if this list is just supposed to try and impress me, or if it's decent. This is just part of the stuff covered...but it's some of the most expensive. Maybe I'm being too naive about this, but I'm just looking for something to catch most of the cost of repairs. Oh, one more thing...anyone had any experience with using the Level10 reduild kits???