View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter View Post
You know this puts a big smile on my face. YES I have thought about using a heat gun or hair drier to speed up this process and and and I decided NOT to do it becasue I will get so damn impatient that I will most likely burn up the sensor or freeze it when I drop it in the freezer.

Thanks for answering my post. I am trying to keep the interest going in this thread. I think this problem can be avoided. Well at least the problem of pulling the differential. I would have have taken the sensor out last year and ltried to lube it then if I was more aware of the problem.

I also put some lube down in the sensor hole. There is a rubber seal down there that is most likely dry and taking some shaft power.

Oh yes the UK gearbox is pretty nice! Real AWD
Heh, heh

Yes they are the dog's b in a way. I've never had a spin in the US type, which SFAIK is the only market to get the electric clutch rear drive. In one sense this makes the gearbox more like the rear-assist that Honda CRVs have, and they[Hondas] handle like crap.

However, in fairness, the Honda is tall and a wagon, not really designed for handling or racing. I think the fundamental chassis in the SVX is low and properly suspended, so it is a good car to throw around either in front drive, or in rear assist, or in AWD.

Because of the computer controlled traction in the full-time awd box anyway, the handling is strongly biased towards neutral, and unless you are holding low gears and hammering it, power understeer tends to dampen enthusiasm. Without a gearbox giving more rear bias, there is no way the SVX will ever handle like a Skyline type R. It is just not set up that way to do that.

It is plenty safe and plenty fast though, the way we like it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 09-05-2007 at 05:31 AM.