View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
That's right John.............Would you not try to speed up the process with a hot air gun or a hair dryer? You would expect the grease to soften with heat, and in its normal environment plugged into the diff, this sensor generally has to cope with quite a bit of heat..................................The JDM cars do have the same type as yours, and so far I have had no trouble with that end of the machines, knock on wood.

Joe
You know this puts a big smile on my face. YES I have thought about using a heat gun or hair drier to speed up this process and and and I decided NOT to do it becasue I will get so damn impatient that I will most likely burn up the sensor or freeze it when I drop it in the freezer.

Thanks for answering my post. I am trying to keep the interest going in this thread. I think this problem can be avoided. Well at least the problem of pulling the differential. I would have have taken the sensor out last year and ltried to lube it then if I was more aware of the problem.

I also put some lube down in the sensor hole. There is a rubber seal down there that is most likely dry and taking some shaft power.

Oh yes the UK gearbox is pretty nice! Real AWD