View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 08:07 PM

Re: New Product Review (Leather Dye)

Guys, I know this is an old thread, but I recently tried SeatsRestore and wanted to check something. Gray interior with some minor cracking on the seat bolsters. I followed the instructions, applying the product with the applicator brush that came with it. I did NOT go over it or buff it with a rug, like Earl did in his first post. Now, when it all dried, the color wasn't exactly right (there was a bluish tint to it) and even though I applied it pretty thin, instead of filling in the cracks, it ended up creating a thin layer that was slightly rough to the touch (at least rougher than the untreated leather). I followed the instructions for tapping the applicator, but did go over it with damp rug - it was mentioned, but wasn't clear if that's a mandatory step. I'm planning to reach out to Ronn to see if I did anything wrong, but figured maybe someone on here could expose the error of my ways. (@svxcess)

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211218_204112311_compress93.jpg (186.7 KB, 1291 views)

Current car: 2006 Saab 9-2x Aero, Midnight Black Mica, 180k miles, 5MT, mostly stock
Past car: 1995 Subaru Impreza wagon, EJ20G w/5MT, Koni Yellow inserts/STi wagon (GF) springs, swaybars, and other suspension goodies, STi seats
Future car: SVX, of course!