View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Registered SVX
Hi guys,

Happy New Year to you all,

I have 4ws on my svx & having driven both it really is a far better option for high speed driving, especially on our A & B roads with medium and fast bends.

The car feels more stable through the initial turn in and then from the apex onwards under acceleration the back digs & turns in far more than the normal car giving a much higher exit speed & far more stable.
I would go as far to say its actually better than pre version 5 Impreza's in mid to high speed corners.
The feel is very similar to my mitsubishi evo 5 when the ayc kicks in on the rear wheels on wet surface.

I have been informed by a little Japanese friend who is a Subaru tuner & racer in Japan the system does not work in reverse & only works if the steering and speed/accelerator positions are within set fields. (speed over 30mph min)
It will deactivate if over 2/3rds of steering lock or the brakes are applied, presumably to aid skid control on wet or dry roads.
If the car is in 1st or 2nd with manual switched on then the system will work with full lock and braking as it then set for snow driving (yes the Japanese get lots of the stuff!, we can tell what time of year a car was sold to a dealership in Japan when it arrives in the UK if it has snow tyres & usually sbow chains in the boot)

The proof of just how good will be in a couple of months when I should be taking the svx to Germany for its 1st across Europe blast and will be visiting the awsome Nurburgring racing circuit for as many laps as my wallet and tyres will let me!

I guess its just 1 of those subective things people will never agree on if its good or bad as everyone has there own feel for a car and driving style, some
of us still hate ABS for fast driving while others would be lost without it!

Darren