View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 05:58 AM

OBD I and OBD II

Each one is great in it's own respects.

Although the OBD II seem to have more stuff. I won't say better but ti's suppose to BE..

I made a post " Diagnostic Black box for cars"

do a search or go to my locker to see what this tiny chip can do for an OBD II equipped car. I so want to see what the SVX spits out but alas I have a 92.
I had some problems posting things as attachements so it's in the locker.
or Visit http://www.davisnet.com/drive/produc...p_products.asp

neat product that does most of what an OBD II scanner can do
without the triple Zero's. yet there are a lot of things a select monitor can Do that ,well don't compare..

I've had a lot of fun with this carchip. check it out. I spent a whole week at the beach and it only used 30% of the memory..\

the Carchip E/X has a larger storage...

Right now my county is starting to do emmission checks. I agree with them as there are several problems this might help but at $45.00 a year to check any 96 year and above.. I forsee a lot of O2 sensros being replaced among other things and WHo says all garages are gonna be HONEST about it.. The state is only mandating they Check at the OBD port and not at the tail pipe. Whic only makes half sense to me since every other state I have lived in Always goes to the tail pipe for emmissions. Sounds like NC has found yet another way to increase the size of the CASH COW.

Happy Drive'n
SVX1999