View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
I sent Ronn Stark, the seller of the the Leather Restore Dye an email yesterday about his price increase. Here is what I said to him:

Ronn,

Why is the beige leather restore I bought a week ago for $16.00 ($6.00 dye +$9.95 shipping) gone up to $21.00 ($3.95 dye + $16.95 shipping)?

I used the product and am very pleased with the results, giving it a favorable review on the forum. However, I am afraid members on the Network may balk at buying the product at this total price. They may feel that they are being gouged, or charged as much as the market will bear, for an exclusive product.

(Although you charged me $9.95 for shipping, the actual postage was only 60 cents. I can't imagine what someone would say if after paying $17.00 for shipping, saw that postage on the package)

A good product, at a fair price, will always make you a lot more. Maybe the thing to do is offer the complete beige interior kit, with the two colors of dye for the seats and the wheel. The gray only seems to need one color.

You have done an outstanding job in researching and developing this product, and should be compensated for your time and expense. I guess if the price was somewhat higher, and the shipping costs lower, it would work better.

As a starting point maybe a two color kit for $12.95 plus $6.00 for shipping? Only you know how much you need to make to turn a reasonable profit. Maybe a bulk discount to the Network would be agreeable.

Here is his reply... and a discounted offer to the Network:

John,

You got a good deal, I list my products at a lower price when I first list them on eBay to see if their is a market for the product. The $21.00 for a SEATS RESTORE product is the price I normally charge for this product on eBay. The low listing price and the high shipping charge is a way of reducing my eBay fees if the product does not sell. It costs less to list a product at a lower price on eBay. My normal shipping charge is $4.00 and this covers mailing charges, packaging expenses, eBay listing and selling fees, and pay pal fees. All these fees pretty much eat up the $4.00.

I appreciate your interest, concern and opinion of this product. I would like to offer your SVX members a discount on my products for a limited time, if I could get a bulk order without going through eBay. I would be willing to eliminate the shipping charge and sell the product to your fellow members for the discounted price of $16.95. I'm not sure how to go about this- maybe you have some suggestions on how I could do this. Please email me back if you have any interest and/or suggestions. And if you would be willing to inform your members, and organize some system to get some bulk orders from them.

Ronn Stark

We have done group buys in the past for various parts (hood emblems, JDM, radiators). Is this worth pursuing? Any questions or comments on his reply?

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 11-02-2005 at 09:32 AM.