View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Yes Chitcane I do

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
[B](believe that right=legal until the law is corrected from within)

Because I choose to live in a society that passes laws and has a representative form of government I choose to live within those laws! As you should. If you think a law needs to be changed and enough people agree with you Ethat law can and should be changed. That applies to both the speed limit, drug, and hacker laws.

I believe in, and follow only one of the Commandments (law) that the Judo-Christian world lives by.

Thou shalt not steal.

That one commandment (law) covers all the rest, and is the one that hackers violate constantly. (Liars steal truth, murderers steal life, trespassers steal privacyEtc.)

[B]
I agree with you there Mitch. You choose live in this society, therefore you must live by the laws and face the consequences. Speaking of which, it is very interesting to speak to some of the people who are relatively removed from this society. Who am I speaking of ... the homeless. I spoken with quite a few of them and some of them are very intelligent, but then some of them aren't. Funny how some people can walk up and give a box of popeye's to a homeless person, sit down, and start chatting with them. Yes there's something wrong with me I know. If you want to try the same, beware of the ones that will pull flathead screwdrivers on you.

I don't believe in the 'ethical' god, but something else, but I do kinda agree with the 'thou shalt not steal' bit. It's more like 'thou shalt not steal from me or my friends' . If you steal be ready to face the consequences. Every thief knows this.

I would like to clarify that the definition of 'hacker' is someone who is curious and tries to find vulnerability in a system. They are not stealing or searching for anything other than the knowledge of how to exploit the vulnerability. They then may send the information to the owner/admin of the system or broadcast it to the public for others to know (they want to brag and they want the credit for the findings.) which is an invasion of privacy in my opinion. I mean it's kinda like hey look an open window, wonder if i can crawl in and out.

Last thing Mitch. I've never used the ignore button. Heck I don't even know where to look. I'm curious to ask (because I've never met anyone who used the ignore button) you how fumed you must have been to hit that button? I don't think I'll ever be upset enough to use the button. I like chatting with people and I've never gotten close to a point of totally ignoring someone. Sometimes they say stuff that maybe useful or they are good to help exercise your mind by making you disect their thinking.

Just my opinion though .

Harry (misses Mr. Robert's replies.)