View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
I haven't been too impressed with the Dingking. Upon first using it, I was attempting to pull a dent out while the glue refused to release. While further tightening the wing nut, one of the two circular rests for the metal bridge broke as it was under too much stress. Fortunately, I was able to get this part replaced, but the particular dent I was trying to pull is now bowed out.
Davie, that was always one of my concerns when watching the commercials. How does the glue know when it is time to release the metal? I'm surprised that does not happen more often. Also I'm surprised you don't hear more about the feet on the ding king leaving dents of their own as they press against the body and push as hard on it as the middle is pulling on the dent. I guess they can always cover themselves with the "Your results may vary" tag.

I have seen the original Dingking at my local Walgreens for just $19.95. Sounds like less than some of you are paying online and might be worth a look if your looking to buy one.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.