Thread: Epic tools
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Epic tools

I have been meaning to give a review of a particular tool I have been using for the past 8 months. It is the Snap-On 14.4v cordless electric 3/8" drive impact wrench. At first I had the same response as you right now... " How the hell is a cordless impact gun w/ 14.4v gonna be worth a crap?" Well, my distributor let me take one on a test-run. I started zipping off lug nuts, strut bolts, anything that would convince me not to buy it. Well, it worked great and I quickly handed over the $450 for the gun, two batteries, charger, and case. Honestly, I don't think there has been a day gone by since I got it I have not used it. I am not gentle with my tools either. Still works great, even on the light and medium duty trucks I work on at my full time job. I have used it to disassembled transmissions, engines, rear ends, and things even as small as interiors.

This thing is great and already paid itself off in full a month after I bought it. I don't even use my 3/8" drive air gun anymore because this does everything I need it to. its perfect for the weekend racer to quickly change wheels, and EPIC for anyone that works on cars for a living. HIGHLY recommended purchase for anyone looking for a good versatile impact driver.

I also recently purchased Snap-On's new 1/2" air powered impact wrench.... Not sure what I will ever need 1100 lb. ft. of torque for But when I find it, I will giggle like a little school girl when it does that job w/o having to lug around a 20lb 3/4" air wrench or a 35lb. 1"

Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 03-22-2009 at 07:48 AM.