View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Well there's not that much to describe, just a lot of screws and contorting to get under the dash. First, pop out the coin holder, parking lights and mirror switch assemblies and disconnect. Remove the two screws that are now revealed and you should be able to pull down the front lip of the lower covering and remove it, after disconnecting the wiper position switch and light. Next, remove the 4 10mm bolts holding the lower metal plate. Then remove all the screws in the lower halves of the two steering colump covers, making note of which screws came from which holes, some are different. Finally, remove the 3 screws holding the last metal plate and you should now have complete access to the ignition switch area. Now you just have to figure out how to unscrew the security bolts. Mine had already worked loose a long time ago and I replaced them with the allen head bolts as shown in one of the pics, so it was a cinch to remove and reinstall this time. That should be about as much detail as anyone would need.

I hope you're happy now, because any thief can disassemble your steering column now.

KuoH