View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 08:35 PM
mark10t

Here's to a great bunch of people on a great forum!

I bought a new '91 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sport Sedan and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I still remember drooling over the 'new' SVX in the showroom. I always wondered how I could afford to own this wonderful vehicle (and whether I could live with a 2-door- as a salesman- samples, catalogs and such)

I've had my Red '94 LSi since Feb. '98 when I bought it from a salesman/friend (at Morrie's) coming off a 4 year lease. It was the customer's 2nd SVX. She (yes, SHE!) had already owned a Black '92 (which was then bought by Ken Zamuda of Z-Tech - for those here in the Twin Cities that have met the ultimate Subaru guru). It was cherry! It looked like a new car- only 27,000 mi's! I'm now coming up on 132,000 mi's., so I've been able to enjoy this wonderful car for six years and 105,000 mi's. Lucky me.

I had to research it, but my first post on the Yahoo forum was on October 1, 1999. Thanks to Stevebsy, we had a 'mini' meet- about 6 SVX's- in Duluth in May, 2000. We missed out meeting Picklesb1tch (modified to protect the innocent) because he had to close on his new home that week. I found out later in talking to him that the house he was buying was my grandparent's house! I only wish we could talk our old Yahoo friend, Shotsky1 into spending more time here.

The new SVX 'home' is fantastic, but the people here are what really make things click.

Let's hope this forum is still going 3+ years from now. I plan on continuing the relationship with my SVX well beyond as well.

-Mark