Old 07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SMOG.. . DeAtH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Sounds good.

Not to get too far off topic, but how is CA about other little things like say, dark tinted windows or no front license plate? It looks like those things may be forbidden, as they are here as well, but I see plenty of cars driving around like that in both CA and WA. I get pulled over specifically for no front plate about once a year by some jurisdiction or another and given a warning, say I'll fix it, then forget.

Are these things that would never need to be addressed, need to be temporarily fixed to get registered in the state initially, or need to be fixed permenently to avoid tons of harrassment on the highways from CHP (or yearly inspections failure)?

Sorry to hijack.
Its funny you ask about the front plate, I just got back from Home Depot with fasteners to attach mine finally. Nobody gave me any grief about it for over a year, and I see others without them so its probably only something they would mention if you got pulled over for something else first.

The tint on the other hand they might harass you for...... CA is home of the drive-bys and cop shootings on traffic stops so they are more nazi about that, they want to see whats going on in the car. Neither the absence of the front plate nor the tint will prevent you from registering it though.... they only do VIN inspections, at least here in San Bernardino county. I did all my crap thru the AAA office anyways..... I HATE the DMV with a passion.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.