View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Pretend Innovator

Registered SVX
Re: The TiC project SVX

I spent about $130 at TIC on bushings for my shift assembly (out of a 99 Impreza Outback) and LOVE IT. I installed it all about a week ago or so. I got the KARTBOY shift bushings, the new u joint with new bushings, and the shift lever bushing kit. My old stuff was so worn out I had literally 4 inches of movement while I was in gear and maybe 10 inches of swing in neutral. I installed these, installed a Poly sway bar bushing as my rear mount bushing for the back of the shift assembly, and cut about two inches off my stock shift arm then re-threaded it. My shift locks in tight and I can feel every gear perfectly. The throw is short and tight and awesome. I strongly recommend doing business with Clint.

And Clint, thanks for all the investigative work you are doing in the bushing department. You are awesome.

On the other hand, I was hoping to be the first with the '08 STI rims on my SVX. I have a set sitting in the garage, I just need rubber for them. Blast YOU! They look good though. Thats good to know.

Last edited by Lockleaf; 06-14-2009 at 10:42 PM.