View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Transmission Questions?

I have a few questions concerning my car. I could just be parnoid after reading about all the trans problems that occured on other cars. According to the previous owner my transmission, torque converter was replaced around 25k miles ago in 2002 at dealership and has had a flush in between then and now. The car was rarely driven. Only 75k miles on car. When at a complete stop and then applying the gas seems to jerk a little (not bad at all just minor) like something takes a sec to grab. Also while taking sharp turns at parking lot speed the rear end seems to viberate. Now both of these problems dont occur at all times, just half time. The old man i bought it from told me that the subaru dealership said this happens cause he rarely drivess it. Wondering if anyone else has any suggestions. Planning on taking the car to get a flush with subaru trans fluid and possibly an additive also on Tuesday. Then a will install an external trans cooler. Also plan on possibly buying a new rear differential cause there only $250 tops.

stage 1 shift kit does more harm than good? seen at http://www.smallcar.com/index.php?ac...d&productId=84,