View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 09:06 AM
AJ

Help! Fuel System/Electrical problem??

Thanks for the help in advance, its pretty urgent. Im worried the dealer is trying to screw me.

1994 SVX L

Driving home the other day, my car simply stopped running, like went dead, no power steering, brakes. Took like 10 tries to get it started, went about 100 yards and it died again. Same thing again, then had it towed to the dealer. I have been noticing problems starting the car for the past few months. (I get in, turn the key, nothing, no attempt to start, but the car turns on ok, just no engine activity whatsoever, it will work after about 6 tired)

Dealer (normally trustworthy, Tischer Subaru in DC but seems to be under new ownership) says problems in the elecrical system, perhaps due to aftermarket best buy alarm wiring...Causing/combining with faulty "fuel resistor" and "fuel module control" for about $770 estimate. Parts need to be ordered from outside the country, will take a week!!@@!!

Called another dealership, they said theyve never heard of those two parts! Im confused as hell, and just a college age kid so i'm a little overwhelmed. Thanks for any help you can give.

PS: i dont know if this is important, but for the past 6 months, my car experiences very not smooth/grinding acceleration under certain circumstances, very noticeable. I was in an accident a few weeks ago, and now it seems this problem happens all the time. I dont know what it is and why it would be aggravated by a minor head collision, but now the car drives like crap. Don't know if the problems are related. Thanks again!