Thread: o/t frustration
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

So, I guess I've said all this to say, just use common sense and common courtesy. Use all those cliches we've heard all our lives (do unto others . . . how would THAT make YOU feel . . . is that REALLY necessary . . . etc), and have fun! Is that too much to ask?
As usual, I agree with everything Randy says, especially his comments about common courtesy. Let's take an example:

Initial post: "Look at the cool polished aluminum triplane wing I stuck on my SVX!!!!!"

Response #1: "That sucks big time and anyone who would do that to an SVX is an ignorant dipstick with bad breath."

Response #2: "Hmmm . . . not really to my taste, but I'm glad you like it."

Most of the wars on this site start because the responder chose response #1. Note that both responses say essentially the same thing ("I don't like it") but also note that #2 is considerably less inflammatory than #1. There's no point in using a response like #1 unless you intend to start something. Please do that elsewhere, not here.

Subafan, I understand your frustration and hope it doesn't get to the level that you leave the network because of some nitwit. Fortunately, nitwits are in the minority here (though I don't admit to being a nitwit, I do admit to having the occasional bad day and posting something I later regret).
2001 Outback Sport