View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
saw it at the meet...Looked better in person than in pictures. The paint is pretty wild, and the bodywork underneath is quite straight. Though the modifications arent my thing, I must give some credit.
Here's a diffrent shot of the trippy paint

Dont know if that's what you used, but I think ALSA has a paint with that effect. Looks really cool, because the flake is a diffrent color of the spectrum not only with the angle of the light but the shape of the panels
edit: Am I wrong is guessing you used a coating like this OVER a base that already had a gold flake to it? the other picture picked up the gold, and it can be seen i mine as well

Coming from working at a body shop, and being as anal retentive as I am, I have some usefull input. The side skirts have a nice look, but they just weren't done right. The best way to do it would be to take off what you have on there, smooth the ridge where the new peice meets the old using filler, then use that whole side merely as a mold for a complete 1 piece unit. It'd be a hell of alot of work, but the install would be much cleaner, and you wouldnt have a seam where the new piece is, and no worrys about seperation

for the bumper, if you finished it off with a black mesh it might tone it down a notch. I know you havent put the mesh in yet, so you actually have a chance to toss this idea around. what might look pretty cool is a gold color like your wheels, but that'd put the volume at 11(Of course, only the people that like the music you play arent going to mind)

Im intrested though, if you had any plans for the rear bumper. Something tells me if the rear had almost a corvette kind of roll to the back it'd balence the visual load of the front bumper.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 10-29-2007 at 04:57 PM.