Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 05:50 PM

Re: Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
I carry an H&K P30 9mil. It's too cold to go the range between October and April, so I basically just carry it so that I am aware of where it is at all times.

There has been something of a crime wave around here lately, too. I hate to use the "bad guys" defense for why I carry but one of my friends was ambushed in a park last year and killed, and a former associate committed murder in cold blood, so this is kind of my reality in this town.

My friend is bugging me to do a rifle build with him this spring but I'm not sure yet if I want to make this a hobby.
Sounds like you definitely have a reason to carry, that's for sure. When I get into discussions with people that are more on the liberal side of the spectrum, I tell them that the police are not there to protect you, that's your personal responsibility, be it at home or out and about. To think otherwise is just inviting trouble.

Enough from the soapbox, 9mm is a good choice, with the right kind of ammo and hits on target. I also have a full-frame 9mm, keep it loaded with 15 round mag, with alternating ball and hollow-point rounds, and have three more mags for it loaded the same way. I keep all hollow-points in my .45 mags when I'm carrying, with one ball round in the chamber.
Honda Accord wheels 17x7.5, 235/45s, 5mm rear wheel spacers; "3.3" and "AWD" badges on front fenders; AMR radiator/fans; lowering springs, s/s brake lines, drilled rotors; Stebro exhaust with quad tips, mid-muffler removed; tinted windows.