Thread: top speed
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 05:22 PM

I am a BIT hazy on this, but I was asking OT some gearing questions a while back, and IF I RECALL CORRECTLY he said that a 4.44 equipped car's theoretical top speed would still be 164 with the stock rev limiter. So, I would imagine that a stock geared car's theoretical top speed would be MUCH higher. Like... whatever 4.44/3.54=1.254*3.54...so, I guess like 205 MPH?

Sorry if my math is wrong, or my assumptions incorrect. All I know is that when I was going ~145mph last fall, I was around 4,500 rpms (IIRC), and the speed was still coming. I just ran out of road. At the time my only modifications were a cone filter and lightweight 16" rims.

The car is a runner, for sure, but it all depends what you're comparing it to. If you're comparing it to other "sports cars" then you'll barely ever come out ahead in ANY contest of speed (stock anyway) and comparing it to a Honda then well... LOL I just can't think of any Honda that the SVX compares to. Maybe in speed, but not in anything else. Just totally apples to oranges here, lol. PLus, I still think that the IRIS valve opening sounds WAY better than VTEC. Mmmmmmm.

I'm with Nomake Wan though. The thread in itself is a kinda funny.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!