View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Count me in, as long as it's not Labor Day weekend or the weekend after that. Good choice of DZ, too -- of all the DZs around Atlanta, Skydive Atlanta has the best facilities.

If all a person wants to do is a tandem jump, then he can schedule to jump just about any time of the day -- the instruction takes only about 30 minutes. The morning classes are for people who want to do AFF (accelerated Free Fall) jumps -- that requires about 6 hours of training, so they only start the class in the morning.

If we get enough first timers to commit (either tandem or AFF), they can get a good discount. I've got ~1000 jumps, so I won't count towards your discount.

I strongly recommend getting video. You only make your first jump once, and you really do relive the experience when you watch it later. Plus it's good proof to show friends and family that you really did "jump out of a perfectly good airplane." The DZ may may offer video-only (without stills) for a lower price than video + stills, and possibly a group discount rate on the video too; it's worth asking.

Here's what I was doing last Thanksgiving week: link to cool skydiving pictures. That trip was one of the reasons I wanted an MP3 car stereo in my SVX.

So GreenMarineSVX, how many jumps did you have before you stopped? What license?