View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 10:54 PM

Kuoh,

The driver's side door lock failed one day to lock/unlock via key. The security system hasn't worked since I got the car - 10 months ago. I was kindly helped by wawazat (Todd) for some door parts, but in one case they were for the passenger door, and in the other he didn't have all I might have needed. Anyway, after taking the door part apart, here's the situation.

Door switch (signaling door open/closed works per wiring diagram. Checked via continuity and interior light function.

Door lock motors work as either directly jumping them at the door, or via pulling the plug on the door lock timer and jumping there causes them to cycle locked/unlocked. Wires checked for continuity.

Since the lock motors work, I'm assuming it is the door lock switch or the door lock timer. As the timer has standard NEC 12volt relays, my next fishing expedition was to try to desolder/replace them and see where it got me.

Of course I welcome any insight. Reading and interpreting schematics has never been a strong point for me.