View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Left leg resting

Hi Todd,

Yeah, sure is fun having it all work again, had forgotten how quick and effortless it moves when all's inordnung.

I still find the TCU changes up way quicker than I would like, skips into second when the car is barely moving. I can switch on POWER mode to offset this, but I am going to let the box do the work for at least a month till I see how economical it may be.

What I am definitely doing is regarding top gear, i.e. D range, as purely an overdrive. Starting off or driving in traffic, I am going to use 3 all the time. Will push it up into D only on main roads or motorway.

The B&M cooler Randy recommended for me is working very well. The technician sandwiched it between the rad and the AC cooler. I like the position, even in traffic the fans are drawing through it. So far, the tranny is remaining very cool. I have no temp gauge[gage??], instead I use my rule of thumb. To check if the tranny is hot, I run my thumb down to the metal base of the selector lever. If the tranny is heating, the lever will be warm, in fact quite warm. How's that for empirical methodology??

Looking forward to at least two years of trouble-free driving. Unless them pesky flying pigs crack my windshield!!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl