View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the input - I do have a seperate SVX for parts, so that isn't a problem... My issue now is that I am clueless on how to swap the solenoid C and the transfer clutch (why not be safe and swap both?) - can someone put together a how-to on this? Something that I can use with a friend mechanic to take care of this - I will likely go ahead and do a transmission filter and fluid change at the same time too...

Also - while I am here - I think my cats are clogged up, I do get an occasional Check Engine light that inevitably goes away - I can never predict when it comes on, and usually it is gone within a couple minutes. I commonly get a strong gas smell when starting - and whenever it does that, I can guarantee that the car will hesitate from a stop every time. When it doesn't, everything is smooth as silk in regards to the engine. Can't complain for the engine having 180k miles on it... Anything I can do that won't cost an arm, a leg and my first-born to fix?

And one piece of curiosity since I was browsing the how-to sections - what are some basic mods to improve upon performance and durability? I saw the throttle body mod and am not sure what benefit that would be. I have already done the trans cooler and shift kit mods. What else might there be? I'd like to make this car go for many more miles... and when I can afford, grab another one... there are currently 3 within 50 miles for sale for 1500, 3500 and 4500 (92, 93, 94 I think) all in great condition... though I am happy with mine I got the beginning of last year for 1500 plus the parts car for 500... my first SVX's and now I am addicted.

Last edited by psych0s1s_r3b0r; 06-06-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Forgot a question