View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
I have no scope... so I can't test to see if there is indeed any signal coming through the line. I know that upon initial activation, the ECU sends a signal (no idea what). But from the way the communication is going, my interpretation is this:

1.) ECU engages, send "I'm alive" message to Select Monitor.
2.) Kevin's Software sends "Who Are You?" message to ECU (Get ID).
3.) ECU ignores input.
4.) Kevin's software reports "Null."

And for the data part, it's:

1.) ECU engages, sends "I'm alive" message to Select Monitor.
2.) Kevin's software queries the ECU for ROM data using Get ID request.
3.) ECU ignores input.
4.) Kevin's software reports "Null" as ID and simply updates itself in a loop rather than with information from the ECU.

It just seems to me that my ECU is not accepting the message. It transmits just fine, as seen by the receipt of the initial "I'm Alive" message. But it's like it doesn't understand what Kevin's software is saying...or something...

Either that, or the message is getting garbled in the USB->Serial adapter. Anyone have experience making these work? I have precisely ZERO experience with Serial Communications, so I wouldn't know where to begin. I tried to set the driver to information on Kevin's forum (1953 baud rate, 8 data bits, even parity, 1 stop bit) but the baud rate didn't have what he listed as an option. Gr.

I refuse to believe that the ECU is faulty, or that the box Phil sent is faulty. Either Kevin's software is sending an incorrect signal, or my USB->Serial adapter is not speaking the right language, as it were.

Last edited by Nomake Wan; 08-18-2007 at 01:09 AM.