View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx9146
Phil

The parameters you found seem to work fine with my American SVX rom 722525. I just got it working last night so still playing. The data "looks" right. Sure makes adjusting the TPS easy!

One bug in Kevins software (which is not a problem for you) is when I set the option for standard units (Mile and Fahrenheit) i get no data. Maybe I did something wrong, will check tonight.

John
Fantastic! Thanks for the report.

I was able to test my adapter on two other SVXes at our recent meet. So far I have the following reports:

92 JDM VL (mine) = ECU - no, TCU - yes
94 JDM S40ii (mine) = ECU - yes, TCU - yes
92 JDM VL (Ron) = ECU - no, TCU - yes
92 JDM VL (SVXistentialist) = ECU - yes, TCU - yes
95 UK (SVXistentialist) = ECU - no, TCU - yes
92 USDM (UPnorth362) = ECU - no
94 USDM (UPnorth362) = ECU - yes
92 USDM (racerx9146) = ECU - yes

The interesting thing for me is that there are different results for identical cars. This seems to confirm what I have suspected all along that there isn't a different system on the early models. Some ECUs are just plain faulty. I reckon that the signal they produce is slightly too out-of-spec or noisy for the converter chip to handle. Unfortunately I don't have sufficient electronics skills to troubleshoot it. It's possible that those cars wouldn't work on a proper Subaru Select Monitor either.

I asked Kevin if he would be willing to give me the source code for his software so that I could add some extra features - like being able to see both O2 sensors at the same time. But he wasn't willing to let me have it. I notice that he posted a new version in June, presumably with some bug fixes.

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 08-07-2007 at 03:41 AM.