View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
Alrighty 5spdrs and people stalling I need...

help with this issue. I've been dealing with the random stalling since the 5spd swap. All vaccum lines were replaced with new ones when i installed the new engine. I've cleaned the IAC 2 days ago and am still getting 2 codes within a minute of firing up the car for the first time since reconnecting the battery. The codes are

24: By-pass air control solenoid valve- by pass air control solenoid valve inoperated. (abnormal signal produced in monitor circuit)- Prevents abnormal engine speed using "fuel cut" in relation engine speed, vehicle speed and throttle snesor position.

31: Throttle sensor- abnormal voltage input entered from throttle sensor.- Sets throttle sensors voltage output to fixed value.

The number is the code- this part would be the diagnosis- and this is the fail safe operation.

The throttle sensor, this is the tps correct? Ill be searching on ways to clean/check this part after this post.

And the by pass air control solenoid is the IAC correct? When i pulled the IAC it wasn't super cruddy or anything but the flap was definitley not totally green. This was cleaned and reinstalled and I am still throwing this code. Does that mean its time for a new IAC or should I try something else?