View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 05:09 AM
no limitation as limitation

ok. i got a q for ya. i was driving down rt 50 (a four lane high way with a 20 foot median) and a school bus made a u ture infront of me and turned on its yellow lights, when i was about a car length or two away the red lights came on. as i was going about 50mph their was no way i could stop and a cop darted out from the road the buss stoped on and pulled me and several cars over for passing a schoolbus. i have seen maybe 5 busses stop on highways before and never once have i seen one use the red lights. its a 450$ fine, not only that but when i tried to explain to the cop that the average stoping distance for a car traveling 50mph in wet weather is in excess of 150 feet he told me not to talk and he had a picture if i wanted to see it. now im thinking, where he was sitting the bus was between me and him so he could only get a pic of me behind the bus and/or infront of the bus. did he take the picture when the red bus lights came on, shortly after or what. its one of those things where i couldnt stop, what do they want us to do, defy the laws of physiscs?