View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball View Post
Spotted a Pollo 95 today....at Pick-n-Pull....DOH!!!!! It has cloth interior, much of it still there but a few items gone, others in rough shape. Rear bumper cover looked good, front wasn't as good. Fenders had some dings. Car had no sun roof. Front axles were toast. Sunvisors=toast, already had velcro to keep them up. Car was picked over pretty well.

Missing parts:
- Engine
- Transmission
- Struts w/springs (all 4)
- PS door
- Spoiler
- Rotors (all 4)
- Drivers seat
- Tail lights (all)
- Front lights (all)
- Hood & trunk struts and hinges
- Radiator
- Glovebox
- Radio (there was a subaru radio/tape player in the trunk-single DIN)

Stuff I took: (paid about $62 for all these parts)
- Hood
- Front DS wheel speed sensor
- Cruise button combo
- Trans resistor
- Trunk seal
- Hood seal

Stuff still there:
- Speedo cluster (I pulled this but left it at the front counter when they asked $62 & change for it)
- Brake calipers (all 4)
- Glass (I believe all is there....door glass may have been rolled down)
- Hi-mount rear brake light
- F&R suspension parts (rear knuckles looked good)
- Drive shaft
- Rear differential
- Rear axles
- Steering rack (non-speed sensing)
- A/C condensor
- Under dash (looks like nobody has torn anything out from under the dash
- DS door
- Trunk lid
- Front wiper arms (in back seat as of today)
- Rear wiper (all parts undisturbed)
- Rear washer resevior

If you go for parts don't tell them it's from a SVX. Tell them it's from a '92 legacy or something. Price will be cheaper. I didn't have much choice as the SVX is the only car with a 160mph speedo.
Wow, I thought you had completely disappeared! lol when I was at the pick n pull like 2 weekends ago, I told them the stuff I grabbed was from a 93 SVX. Their prices don't vary by car make/model but by car year. 94+ gets you higher prices. So if you say for instance the door panel is from a 94 , they will charge you $35 but if you say its from a 93, they charge you $25.
When I go, I read over their price lists before pulling the parts because if you take them up to the counter, they will NOT return them to the car, they will TRASH them. They guy at the counter told me this the first time I went while we were just chatting. He was like "If you don't want anything, just leave it there and we'll just trash it." He said it so calmly I was kinda shocked. All I could think was "don't you know what you'd be throwing away!?!?" So the speedo cluster may be trashed by now.
Also its weird that you found the window rolled down. I purposefully push it up and piled the interior stuff on the driver's side so that if it rained, most things would be safe.. Both times I've gone, somebody keeps disorganizing what I do. lol

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram