View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:50 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Is this attached picture an Italian car ? Yes it is.

There is nothing in any of the literature that we know to discredit the fact that Giugiaro designed the Subaru SVX.

I'm in agreement with Paddles here in that the Japanese company and the design team are proud of their association with ItalDesign and Giugiaro in the design and production of the car.

Before I say more I would like to add a comment on AnthonyBuchanan's premise for the thread The title says: "Is this attached picture an Italian car? Yes it is."

No it's not. If the question was: "Is this attached picture an Italian designed car?" the answer yes would be correct.

To illustrate the point I'll pose another question: Is the last Mazda RX7 a Japanese car?

Yes of course it is. It was built in Japan by a Japanese company using their rotary engines using a very sporty drive train, and with a proud tradition of Japanese rotary sports cars behind it.

However, this model was designed by a team of designers in California!

Does this make it an American car? NO. It makes it an American designed car. But the vehicle is Japanese, and renowned for being uniquely Japanese.

On any level you care to look at it the Subaru SVX is a Japanese car. It is a Japanese car with an Italian designed body. In my youth I would drive nothing else except Italian cars. I liked their brio, their sporty handling, all the things the word Italian lends to a car. I grew to hate their bad electrics and their propensity to rust, so I don't drive Italian any more.

To me, and this is my own opinion, the Subaru SVX is a better car for being Japanese. It just happens to be wearing an expensive Italian suit .

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl