View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 02:31 PM
That's gona leave a mark.

Not sure if I was lucky or not. .

So I get back after a day of deep sea fishing Saturday, I jump in the car and fire it up.
I get a slight squealing sound coming from under the hood. I just replaced the belts a few weeks ago, maybe they have stretched a bit. No biggy, I will get it in the morning, after all it is just turning dark and I smell like bait. I got around two feet out of the parking spot, the squealing stops and the dash turns into a Christmas tree. Awe crap. I open the hood to find the idler/ adjusting pulley for the PS, Alt has pretty much fallen off and is sitting between the fan and radiator. The nut that holds it on just worked itself loose. Though the belt looks fine, I don’t see the nut anywhere, I am standing in a pile of Fire ants and it is now dark. I can’t find my flashlight. Awe Crap.

Lucky stroke- there is a 24 stop-n-rob across the street from the parking lot. $4 for 2 flashlight pack with batteries- cool!

Still can’t find the nut even after I remove the front plastic pan. Fire ants are not good listeners. Did I say Awe Crap?

Lucky stroke #2- I just worked on my brothers car and I have my toolbox in the trunk. I figure maybe I can pirate a nut from someplace under the hood, or just drive it home on the battery with no PS.

Lucky stroke#3- Open the tool box and there is a nut I picked up from the craft shop floor as I was cleaning up after working on my brothers car. hmmmm- Son-of-a-B@$# it fits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me damn near 45 minutes to finally get the pulley back over the bolt without the bolt pushing back though.

Not sure but I think the lucky part out weighed the Aw Crap part. I gota fire the mechanic who must not have tightened the bolt when he changed the belts. . .

the Chick Magnet:
91 Justy GL EFI 4x4 154k (new motor @120k)

90 Yamaha V-Max
82 Yamaha XJ650LJ Turbo
My Diver Propulsion vehicle:
88 Jeep Cherokee 160k
"U-sta-have"
88 XT6 AWD Pearl,
86 XT Lt Blue,
85 XT AWD/4x4 Turbo Space Blue